Friday, February 21, 2014

"Baa Baa Black Sheep Have You Any Wool?"

The Connemara area of Ireland is absolutely breathtaking.  This is where I found my 'peeps.'  My wee Irish sheep whom aren't as camera shy as the Scottish sheep.



And yes they do stop traffic!


And again.


And yet again.



This breed is the Connemara Blackface variety of sheep.  



They are the only breed resilient enough to handle the rugged and challenging terrain of Connemara.  



Their wool has a very coarse texture and is used more in carpet manufacturing.  Unfortunately for these sheep they also are very taste?  Lean and sweet tasting meat......awwwwww.
I'm taking them all home to Canada......2 million....who's got a farm?  Large backyard?  Patio?



A wee pure white sheep sitting beside the roadside?  This may be a British Milksheep breed.  







These sheep are British Milksheep I believe.







All round up ready to go home.  
Good night everybody.


No comments:

Post a Comment