Monday, April 7, 2014

Random Acts of Kindness

Today's random act of kindness happened at the Blue Lagoon in Iceland today.  Not to toot our own horns but it was Debbie and I who I thank God acted quickly today to help someone.
We were making our way slowly across the Blue Lagoon to the stairs to go shower when we both witnessed an elderly man apparently having a hard time staying above the water.  I realized, because I was closest that he was drowning???  I ran through the water, so did Deb and so did another man in the pool.  Scooping him up, it appeared that he may be in more trouble than we thought.  Possibly having a stroke of some sort.  Calling for help didn't work as many of the people either didn't speak English or couldn't grasp what I was asking for.  We needed help fast.  Finally, thank God for my very capable and loud American buddy, who bellowed for the lifeguard, help came.  We don't know what has become of that gentleman.  I hope he is ok.  Whisked off for attention, possibly Emergency care we won't know how he is.  But a least I know that Deb and I acted quickly and saved a man from drowning in a pool filled with people.

No comments:

Post a Comment