Saturday, April 5, 2014

Windsor, England the home of the Queen

The city of Windsor is a must see.  We enjoyed it so very much but had but a few short days to visit it.  With the skyline filled with Windsor Castle, the Queen visiting, Eton across the bridge, the gentle River Thames and all the wildlife it attracts, it left hardly any time to see the city itself.
Here is my short but loving tour of Windsor.

Below is a statue of Queen Victoria which welcomes visitors at the entrance of Windsor Castle.  She is right in the middle of a round-about.
Queen Victoria and her husband, Prince Albert made Windsor Castle their principal home during her reign.  It was a hub for many diplomatic and state visits.  Prince Albert actually died here at Windsor Castle in 1861.


A neat telephone booth with you know who inside?


She certainly loves to visit on the phone?  But I need to make a call?  Can you hurry it up a wee bit Mum?


Every single swan in Windsor belongs to the Queen.  They are protected and cared for by the state.  I am not exaggerating to estimate that there are 100-200 swans.  And they are quite big.



He could kiss little Debbie if she let him?


Had I know before I ate....we definitely would have tried this place.



Harry...seriously....I have been waiting for the phone booth.  First your sister-in-law and then your Grandmama....I really have to get in there!


Is it just us....or is this restaurant on a wee bit of a lean?


Funny royal stuff like this all over the city of Windsor.


It is bigger than I thought, but still feels welcoming and quaint.  





Oh yeah....I love this country!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment