Saturday, April 5, 2014

The Birds of Windsor

Birds, birds and then some more birds.  What is it about England and the swans?  So many fowl found all over England....I am in my glory.  Especially since they are birds we do not often or never see in Canada.

Below are Egyptian ducks and their babies trying to cross the road in Eton?  Oh my, I was worried but everyone allowed them to get down the road and hopefully to the river.


A white dove that we haven't seen hardly at all on this trip.  They are exquisite.


A Great Crested Grebe guarding her eggs.  The Canada Geese were being stinkers and circling her....but her partner not only brought her yummy slimy stuff to eat, but chased them away quite regularly.





A mallard kissing a Beswick swan....well not really but it does look like it?


"I like it here...no snow."


"Don't make me go back to Canada....it's too cold."


Yikes.....so many.


These green parrots are found here outside the Queen's entrance to Windsor Castle.  We also saw them in Hyde Park in London when we were there at Christmas.




No comments:

Post a Comment